One of the first Biology lessons I do is to pull out different microscopes and let the kids take a look at dollar bills. I have some foreign currency, too, left from trips we use. (Sometimes the cost to convert is more than the amount of currency we have remaining. The zloty to usd is $.025.). There is a recent article in the Wall Street Journal from Nature examine the tools Benjamin Franklin used to keep others from counterfeiting early colonial currency. Compare with modern anti-counterfeiting methods. We use one, five, ten, and twenty dollar bills for the lesson. It’s a fun way to learn how to focus the microscopes. Isn’t it cool to think about how Benjamin Franklin planned so many different ways to thwart counterfeiters? Just keeping our Founding Fathers fresh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment