While I was scouring websites for deals it occurred to me to ask what size is a standard test tube or a standard test tube rack? The standard test tube rack has a 25 mm opening, which fits 18-20 mm test tubes. (BTW the pegs on the rack is for drying inverted test tubes.). Six test tubes, one rack, and one brush is fine for one student taking Bio and Chem. I use both plastic (polypropylene) and wooden racks. (The plastic does melts a little if the test tube is hot.). Even the cardboard test tube racks from eScience kits are fine for most labs. Be sure the glass test tubes are borosilicate ( Pyrex or Kimax).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment