I am all about paying less for tech. Many of you have one or two teens taking Biology in high school. I would not buy an expensive microscope. Yes, I have a few, high quality microscopes. I teach Biology for Co-op frequently. Most of the time we use digital, USB microscopes, take screen-shots, and sketch. Amscope is a better brand. Another option is a clip-on lens for cell phone cameras. Here is a post about toy microscopes. I was surprised by the quality of the microscope. If you can snag a clip-on lens for your cell phone for about $5, this is a good bet. They are tricky to focus, but produce decent images. Your teen can take a screen-shot and then sketch it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...











No comments:
Post a Comment