Kids like to do acid and base tests. There is enough equipment and household chemicals to make them feel like scientists. Here is the lab I’m using with household goods I already have on hand. We’re using a bunch of indicators. (See below.). One topic in the Plants unit is about anthocyanins; red cabbage has loads! The acid-base lab will discuss red cabbage and just what anthocyanins are—types of plant pigments. Plant pigments and natural or commercial dyes changes color in the presence of acids or bases, which is why they serve as acid-base indicators. I distributed different household chemicals the kids will share between groups. I’m ready to launch lab Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...










No comments:
Post a Comment