I’m using a snow day to plan ahead. I ran across Plan Science Practicals, with labs in several areas. The labs are simple, but not childish: Uptake of Water by Plants. Passive Transport (such as through the xylem), Rate of Osmosis (with potatoes), and several about Nutrients and Plant Growth. I use spinach leaves for a Photosynthesis lab and Plant Pigment Chromatography (substitute red cabbage for red Coleus leaves). Cornell has Becoming a Plant, designed for Middle School students, but easily adapted for younger or older students. Project Learning Tree (PLT) has several easy experiments for younger kiddos, too. Radishes sprout and grow quickly. Here are several radish labs, such as Phototropism. I bought seeds last summer I’m going to use for the Botany module. The first experiment will be germination rate—especially on the seeds I bought at the Dollar Store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment