Okay remember when I said I wanted to make the Genetic Module meaningful in this post? Well a giant snow storm is about to hit our area. The time is right. Kids should have enough fre time to devote to a project. I’m using the Superhero Genetics Project as the model. However, the kids can substitute real animals and real traits, such as Poultry Genetics or Sled Dog Genetics. I have two challenging resources: Teaching Genetic Principles with Dogs and Complex Traits. The kids may chose one worksheet or activity to do exactly as described or study three traits and create their own problems with Punnett Squares. I posted a ton of resources for my kids on to the Google Biology Classroom. Let me recap. My kids can chose one project or worksheet and do it exactly as instructed. They may chose an animal, such as a chicken or German Shepherd dog, select interesting traits, and create their own problems, which they solve with Punnett Squares and describe the resulting genotypes and phenotypes. I’ll let you know how this goes. Here is my guide with links. I just saw Monster Lab and thought it would be fun to sew a Felt Monster with the baby monster’s traits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment