Okay, I got carried away with a little hype. But, Burning Calories or Soda Can Calorimeter is a great lab! Burning Calories suggests using a meat thermometer! Great idea! My suggestion is to have two soda cans to allow one to cool well. Change the water! Don’t forget to check the initial water temperature! Do three trials for each sample: Cheetos, popcorn, peanuts, saltines, etc. Here is a good overview of calorimetry. Below is a video I made to explain how to set up the soda can calorimeter. Your kiddo is doing solid science.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment