Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Apologia: Scrapbooks!
I'm brainstorming new ideas for fall. Academic scrapbooks would dovetail with digital portfolios and overlap with History and Science. Many of my home-school friends use lapbooks. I have used this idea for midterm or final review. I think my kids at Winchester Academy should create both a digital and physical scrapbook for Soar, our current grant project. I am looking for solutions to 'down' time, projects, say for the morning before Thanksgiving feast or flu season when the class number is halved. We do outreach with the younger grades, video lessons, and blog. My kids write grants and then realize their ideas. But, I am always on the hunt for new ideas. I want to collaborate with the art teacher on an optical illusions project. Maybe science centers for kindergarten? I work with a flexible, open to new ideas. I'm going to offer a long list when we reconvene this fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Low Prep Labs for the Win!
This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments. Why? Many of you are w...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment