Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Wild Science Summer Camp 2015
July 27-31st is Wild Science Camp at our church, St. Leo's. This year's theme is Nature. My friend, Marie, wants to lead an owl pellet dissection, my friend, Herb, the local forester, is coming to do tree identification and Project Learning Tree activities. I contacted Heather from the Consevation District to share a groundwater model, asked Alana with Environmental Protection to teach how to identify macroinvertebrates, and borrowed an Enviroscape watershed model. I might have an animal rescue agency come, if they confirm! We will start with traditional camp activities the kids love: tie dye shirts, spray painted hats, home-made journals, a nature hike, and cloth bags. The kids will make bird feeders, too. Check out these ideas on my Pinterest board.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Low Prep Labs for the Win!
This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments. Why? Many of you are w...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment