Monday, August 3, 2015

Apologia Biology: Microscopes

Buying a microscope is a serious investment.  For several years, my Co-op class met at a local public school and we had access to microscopes.  I bought one for about $50 from www.shopgoodwill.com. They sell microscopes all the time.  Be sure to register your email address.  Goodwill does NOT save credit card information.  If you win the bid, you pay the Goodwill store directly.  It pays to register in order to check the shipping costs before placing a bid.  Home Training Tools has fair prices for microscopes, too.  They offer the Apologia Biology Slide Set.  When I shop, I start with Amazon to see what they have and did buy the set shown.  It has several interesting slides to sketch as the kids become acquainted with the microscope.  Don't forget Ebay!  The deals are often better at Goodwill; I still find goods on eBay.  I don't mind ordering from China.  The price is usually so low for the item that the risk I'm taking is also low.  (I do look for 'top sellers' when I shop on eBay.)  One other choice is using Labpaqs.  I have not checked their microscopes.  I've purchased three Labpaqs from Goodwill and eBay when I could buy them for about $30 and the contents were suitable to canibalize for labs.  Try a search with 'Escience', too.  I scored one for dissections!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Prep Labs for the Win!

This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments.  Why?  Many of you are w...