This fall, I'm going to teach Biology to high-school aged home-schoolers and Human Anatomy to a group of elementary students as part of a Co-op. The Apologia Science curriculum offers a series called Young Explorers Series. One of my Physical Science students last year was using the Chemistry and Physics textbook. We added exercises and experiments from her book to our curriculum. The series is outstanding! Our group is using the Anatomy textbook because I think the Zoology textbooks should be done sequentially and Astronomy is among my least favorite subjects to teach. The Co-op is held at our church. A Head Start class meets in the Knights of Columbus building behind our church. My goal is for the elementary aged kids to select and perform activities with the Head Start class. We can start with the Personal Person.
The Human Anatomy and Physiology Curriculum has the table of contents, scope and sequence, lab list, and samples from the journals. Our class will stick with the sequence. But, I like to change up some of the activities. For example, the kids may make some matching games in lieu of all the crossword puzzles. I plan to add technology with Vernier Go!Temp and Go!Link. Stay tuned for more information as we go through the program together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Low Prep Labs for the Win!
This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments. Why? Many of you are w...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment