Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Anatomy Academy and Forensics Science Camp: First Aid Monday

First, let me share my Pinterest board with ideas for Anatomy Academy and Forensics.  You might get a few ideas. I've invited the Boy Scouts to come to teach first aide on Monday, next year.  On the first morning of camp, the kids assemble kits, form teams, and make up cheers and team names.  The pace initially is a little slower so the kids can get acquainted.  I have large sheets of paper with markers and crayons on the tables for their team banners.  The kids demonstrate their cheers and we start with fun camp songs and chants each morning. These first aid coloring pages are perfect for Start-up.

 We'll ask the Boy Scouts to give the group a brief presentation before breaking into teams for rotations.  One station is mini first aid kit and first aid booklet.  Start collecting empty pill bottles!  Our campers are ages three to ten.  The little ones will like this doctor kit.  I have plenty of q-tips, cotton balls and craft sticks!  Bandaids for the soul might be fun for the older kids. Here's a pattern to make the first aid box.  This diy ice pack looks fun!  Someone always has a boo-boo at camp!  The kids love an activity involving mixing solutions!  Fun and practical!

Each day, it helps to have at least ten different activities.  Brain hats, pasta skeletons, anatomy bags (homemade white bags where kids trace skeletons or organs with sharpies), anatomy t-shirts, maybe, (if the teens like the idea and I can find the transfers at a good price), blood compatibility lab, Human Body Bingo, lung model, spine model, and life-size skeletons.

Now, I need to find some fun songs and games!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Prep Labs for the Win!

This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments.  Why?  Many of you are w...