Sunday, August 16, 2015

Apologia: Biology Modules 6-7 Cells

I'm prepping my fall classes.  In an earlier post, I mentioned Inside the Cell, a free booklet from the National Institute of General Medicine.  I ordered a class set last year and earlier this summer for my classes.  Perfect for a unit on cells.  I was checking the links on a webquest when I ran across Cells Alive!  Scroll down the pages and click on the gallery to preview images.  I want to print and frame a few.  If you do not have access to a good microscope, micrograph images are the next best thing.  (Here is another resource for cellular images.)

Have you tried a webquest?  Glencoe's The Cell Webquest works as an extension activity.  I use webquests to get kids to do a little writing.  Glencoe offers several webquests.  Check for broken links!  This cell webquest has kids create cell trading cards and write a children's book.  Fun!  The Cell Exploration Webquest from Biology Junction focuses on cell organelles.  Use a webquest to change up instruction.  The questions, worksheets, or trading cards all make excellent artifacts for your portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Low Prep Labs for the Win!

This is me trying to be encouraging. I’m on the hunt for a huge variety of low-prep, low-cost labs and experiments.  Why?  Many of you are w...