eBay has a Bio and Chem Labpaqs for sale—now at $40. The chemicals includes are fine; these have dissection tools, a mortar and pestle, a molecular model kit, a reaction plate, anatomy slides, etc. I look for used Labpaqs on Good Will to cannibalize all the time. These kits have plastic lab equipment, too. If you are trying to set up material for your high schooler consider this or similar kits.
I went back to check other Labpaq offerings on eBay. This one and this set are about $30 each. Not bad deals. The second set has a digital scale, a reaction plate, and thermometers which would cost more if ordered separately. This set, at $35, has a simple microscope and digital scale with some basic lab equipment. Look for eScience lab kits, too. Note these were intended to be online college level lab courses. I find the Biology and Chemistry kits to be the best values for equipment. The Microbiology and Physics kits are usually not good deals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment