After Christmas, the class is going to tackle Stoichiometry. I’m doing the Solubility Rules lab (Solubility Rules and Ion Formulas Charts) before the Stoichiometry and Solubility Lab or Can You Make 2 Grams?
1. What is a precipitate?
2. What is solubility?
3. Review double replacement, double displacement, meta thesis reactions.
4. Explain solubility rules.
5. Instruct with examples.
6. Discuss the lab expectations.
7. Remind the kids that the purpose is to understand solubility and precipitates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment