I grade almost everything. But, here’s the thing. I won’t post a grade until a project is finished or a lab has been edited. All of the tests are edited, too. (Usually, I want a more complete answer.). I like evidence. The owl pellet lab must include a spreadsheet and food web for credit. Kids demonstrate an understanding of dichotomous keys by showing me how they completed a key correctly. I want results. Show me you understand. The result is that kids earn top grades; however I won’t post any grade until the project is complete, edited, or corrected. What’s the point to a grade if the kids don’t understand the concept?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment