No, I won’t be adding math information to this blog. My husband, Rob, teaches math topics for the local Home-school Co-op. This coming year we’re team teaching Algebra 1; several kids in the class have learning differences. I have experience teaching teens with profound learning differences. We’re using an older Glencoe textbook. Glencoe is mid-range in terms of the level of difficulty. Rob used the Saxon Algebra series years ago and switched to Glencoe, which is flashier. We use older textbooks to save money. The math doesn’t change. Older textbooks have graphing calculator supplements; newer textbooks assume the instructor already knows how to use the calculator and integrate lessons into Algebra. This summer I’m working through each chapter’s exercises so I can help the kids. I’ve used the TI 83/84 calculators for many years in Chemistry—which doesn’t have the same applications as in Algebra. Hope this helps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment