Friday, June 19, 2026

MEL Chemistry

 Have you seen MEL Science kits?  I do NOT recommend a subscription.  Instead buy used sets. My teens have done several of the MEL Chemistry projects.  I buy sets at Good Will or eBay.  My target price is $35 for a starter set and $10-15 for individual kits.  I bought several lots of the chem kits to try.  So far, our favorite is Tin Dendrites. (The refill stannous chloride dihydrate or Tin (II) chloride dihydrate is hard to find and can be expensive.) Petri Dish Electrolysis is the same lab.  See if you can buy kits in lots, to save shipping.  eBay has some decent deals.  Here are all of the contents in a MEL Chemistry starter kit.  The first image is a complete set—except for the VR viewer, which ai don’t use.  Keep scrolling for some of the deals on eBay.  






 






No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...