Thursday, June 11, 2026
Hex Nut Challenge
Balancing Hex Nuts was a hit at Maker Camp. It was also a big splurge. I thought I might keep and reuse the magnets and hex nuts. Oh no! The kiddos all wanted to take them home. In fact they had so much fun just balancing metal objects on the magnets, we didn’t try to remove them at all. Next time, then. Note the hex nuts are zinc, plated steel. Ordinary hex nuts aren’t magnetic. Ask me how I know. The lab specifies ceramic magnets; ours weren’t strong enough. Live and learn. I’m glad Rob insisted we try the activity last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...




No comments:
Post a Comment