Beanium is a budget-friendly, isotope lab. I have a tub of mixed beans dedicated to the Beanium lab. If you have loads of left-over candy from Halloween, try Candium instead. (There is no way extra M&Ms, Skittles or Reese’s pieces would be leftover in my house.) Beanium teach kids about the average atomic mass of atoms in elements. Below is a virtual Beanium lab video, which might help your kids better understand the lab. During COVID lockdown I taught Chemistry remotely and made this Beanium slideshow. The kids did the lab remotely, too (I sent home Chemistry kits with bags of beans. Yes, it was every bit as frustrating to teach as you can imagine.). But, the slideshow has sample calculations. Beanium is another inexpensive and worthwhile lab to tackle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment