Take a look at Bond with James. The first image uses plastic cups to assign electrons when kids write electron configurations—always a pain. Another teacher on Social Media has plastic cups in different colors for s, p, d, orbitals. She uses craft sticks. So, I took inspiration and made my own prop. I had a large box, craft sticks, and clear, plastic cups. I couldn’t find my Velcro; instead, I hot-glued the labeled cups to the box. I didn’t have room for 4d orbitals. However, this prop should take up over the hump to learn how electrons occupy orbitals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment