Amazon has a huge discount on Happy Atoms, a magnetic, molecular modeling kit. The kids build molecules and use an app to identify the molecule. Hold off before you buy the kit. I like molecule kits; there is a box of models in my basement classroom. But, we use the kits to build specific models. For example, when we introduce organic chemistry, the kids build models. I use Lab-aids Molecules of Life kit. I bought two sets—which were pricey. However, I use them for both Biology and Chemistry, co-op classes. Instead, make your own clay molecules. Use the CPK Color Chart and tempera paint to color the atoms. Use this chart to build molecules and check the bond angles. I’m thinking about having the kids make their own molecule kits as a take-home lab.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment