Three of my teens in the Chemistry Co-op class are miles ahead of their peers. These three are going to do a couple labs and make instructional videos. One of the labs we’re going to vet is the Gas Law Popcorn lab. Here is another version. I’m going to let the kids select the lab to use with the class. Here and here are articles explaining the science of popcorn. I want the kids to see how closely their results are to 14% water in the kernels. One Chem teacher on Facebook suggests putting a layer of sand at the bottom of the Erlenmeyer flask before adding oil and popcorn. We might try comparing results microwaving popcorn, too. I’ll post the results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment