Right now I’m hunting for ideas to use during science camp in June. No, I don’t plan to clean pennies or combine Mentos and Diet Coke. I stumbled across take home labs. These labs tend to be safe; my science camp is composed of kids about ages 8-12. Here is a long list from Terrific Science. Look at Aspirin Tablets Can Differ, Chromatography on Paper, and Sugar vs Salt. These are sound chemistry experiments with safe, household chemicals. The Homeschool Scientist has a long list of chemistry labs for different ages. I’m thinking about adding some Food Chemistry, too: Curds and Whey, Food Cooking Chemistry, and Food Science Experiments for Kids from AtoZ Homeschooling. I need to have a bunch of labs the kids can do at home with materials on hand in case we get a lot of snow this winter. It helps to have a menu of labs; the kids can pick labs which require materials they already have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment