The Co-op Biology class is in the middle of Ecology. It’s time for several simulations. We’re doing The Lynx Eats the Hare, a predator-prey simulation. Deer Me is a similar model between deer and gray wolves. Make many copies of the hare or deer. We’re doing Mark-Recapture with white beans and Measuring Biodiversity with a bean mix. Additionally, we’re doing this Newspaper Camouflage lab. Take a look at Population Sampling. You only need small slips of paper to do this simulation. I like to help kids see how biologists work in the field. Random sampling is essential in any study. We invest a lot of time after these simulations discussing the animals, making spreadsheets, and reviewing terms. I find these simulation an essential component to Biology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment