This year the Co-op Biology class is larger. Several kids have learning differences. The families, Rob, and I communicate by text, email, and in person frequently—even before class begins. One small issue arose that one of the teens needs to see a picture. I mentioned after church to the teen’s mom we were doing the owl pellet dissection the first day. She said C needs to see the picture. Good to know. He probably isn’t the only one to benefit. So I made a slideshow, Owl Pellet Animals, with images of the varieties of owls, rodents, and bird species most common to Virginia. We’ll use this slide deck right before we dissect the pellets. What I’ve found in my experience teaching is that an accomodation can benefit many of the kids—even those without identified learning differences. Below is a mole—not to be confused with a vole or a shrew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment