We reviewed Ecology Terms and made concept maps for Ecology, Taxonomy, and Levels of Organization. I made a deck of cards from this list. Concept maps are new to my Co-op class. I use card sets I make from vocabulary and ask the kids to sort them. Which words are part of a food web? How is energy in an ecosystem defined? What are types of symbiosis? How can I separate producers and consumers? The kids were instructed to read Module 10 in Apologia’s Biology class as homework. The slide deck was the review. The Ecology concept map is a form of informal assessment. Did you read? I walk around and help kids sort their cards—mainly by asking questions or moving a card or two for clarification. Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...








No comments:
Post a Comment