This year, like every year, my classes have kids with learning differences. Here is an area where a I’ve had some experience. How do you make accommodations? One easy way is to set a minimum number for activities. Yesterday, we were working through dichotomous keys. There are 15 images to work through. I set a minimum of six images. When everyone had completed keying out at least six images, we moved on to the Jelly Belly dichotomous key. In the time the last group had keyed six organisms, some of the other groups had completed all of the images. Guess what? Everyone understood how to use a dichotomous key. I had to work with a couple groups one-on-one. We keep things moving and make accommodations as needed. Just be sure to set a number sufficient to understand a concept or learn a skill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment