Monday, September 23, 2024
Science Fair Project Ideas
It is tough to locate a good science fair project. The best are usually original ideas or problems. For example, I have students who raise chickens. I’m encouraging these kids to study chickens. Take a look at these GLOBE Cloud Projects , Surface Temperature Observations, or Urban Heat Island Effects Student Projects. In the past some of my students adopted specific GLOBE protocols for their science fair projects. It’s fine to replicate a project with the idea of verifying the data derived. Do you arrive at similar results? I like projects which they don’t require expensive equipment. Take a look at NASA’s Earthdata and Tools. Are you a bird watcher? Look at Urban Birds, a data sheet, and the protocol from Cornell. Set up a bird feeder and monitor it daily, at the same time, ideally for a few weeks. Compare two settings: one urban and one rural. Here and here are several ‘citizen science’ projects. I’ll stay on the hunt for more ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment