Next year I’m planning to teach Chemistry both to the high school Co-op and to the Middle School Co-op kids. Of course we’re using Apologia for both classes. Yes, we’ll do many of the labs and Try-this experiments. I like to do many, many labs. Chemicals can be expensive. I want labs which use chemicals which are less expensive and readily available. Note that these labs use some household chemicals, such as baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3, as well as less expensive chemicals, such as copper (II) chloride, CuCl2. I looked for a variety of labs which use these chemicals for different types of chemical labs, such as reactions, formulas, hydrates, or precipitates. Here are Reaction in a Bag, Foiled Again, and Formula for an Ionic Compound, CuSO4 Hydrate Lab, Forming a Precipitate, CuSO4 Flame Test, Epsom Salts Exothermic Lab, Chemical Change, and Vinegar and Baking Soda Stoichiometry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment