Tuesday, January 13, 2026

Be on the look-out for these kits!

 There are some kits which are invaluable, especially for Co-op teachers, who teach the same classes regularly.  The key is to buy the kit for the right price.  Usually, I find the best prices at Good Will online, with eBay running second.  I look for kits which make labs easier or are terrific models I can reuse.  Let me share my favorites.

1. 3-D Molecular Designs has several kits.  I want to find a deal for the Synapse and the Phospholipid Membrane. 



2. The MicroChem kit is up next.  I bought several for Chem.  My target is $50 with shipping.  Be sure the kit has the manual.




3.  Another rare gem is a FOSS kit.  A complete kit has five drawers.  The manual and related books are available used and rarely come with the kit.  The kit’s teacher manual is essential.  The best one is the Electromagnetic Curriculum.




4. Hands-on lab kits are designed for online, science, college courses.  They are customized by the professor; their contents vary.  These kits are usually eScience, Labpaq, or Science Interactive kits.  Look over the contents.  I have had tremendous luck with these kits.  Some anatomy kits have specimens.  The Physics kit was jam-packed with lab equipment.  Look over the photos before you bid or buy.  


5.  I invested in class sets of Molecules of Life and DNA several years ago.   I bought new sets because there weren’t any used set.  There are a few now on eBay.  Be sure the used kit has the worksheet and answer key. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...