If your kiddos like coding, they might like secret codes. This introduction to ciphers includes Morse code, Pigpen Cipher, the Phonetic Alphabet, Tap Code, Grid Code, and more. Here, here, and here are Morse codes to decipher. Make a decoder wheel. Have you tried cryptograms? They are like secret codes and very addicting. Here is a free site. It’s easier to solve cryptograms if you copy them on to paper. Would you like to write a secret message? The ACS Invisible Ink uses alcohol, turmeric, and sudsy ammonia. This invisible ink involves a white crayon and water colors. Have you tried Lemon Juice Invisible Ink? HST Invisible Ink includes the type I use with phenolphthalein (PHTH) and another with cobalt chloride, which looks fun, too. If you use PHTH, and test it with Windex, be sure the Windex has ammonia. I just use a little sudsy ammonia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment