We’re resuming Co-op class tomorrow. I have loads of stuff to finish before we really tackle Module 8: make-up labs, lab reports, more brain models, etc. I went over Module 8 again and have a few ideas. First is the Reflex Arcs POGIL. (Both the POGILS and answers are hard to find. Use Somatic Arc, Reflex Arc, and Reflex Arch POGIL Quizlet to help with answers.)
There are many, many, specific terms in Module 8. We started with the parts of the brain and Lobes of the Brain, as we review the bones in the skull and make clay models. We are going to create our own Brain Anatomy Charts.
I want to review Six Landmark Case Studies: Phineas Gage, Louis Victor Leborgne, Henry Molaison, Auguste Deter, Solomon Shereshevsky, and Patient SM, The Fearless Woman. We’re using Neurons and Brain Anatomy, specifically the Legions sections, which has brief discussions of the case studies.
Module 8 is tough—mainly because of the sheer number of terms, regions, lobes, etc. We spend ten to fifteen minutes at the beginning of class just doing a bit of review. The kids do the study guide, coloring, tests, and lab reports outside of class. I hope we can finish Module 8 this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment