Thursday, January 29, 2026
Chemistry and Salting the Roads
Right now I’m iced in; our street is sheet of ice. I have been thinking a lot about salting the roads. Here, here, and here are ChemMatters articles about road salt, the process, and alternatives. You can do your own experiment and compare NaCl, CaCl2 (Driveway Heat), kitty litter, and sand. Stay safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment