Friday, February 6, 2026

Advanced Biology: Heart Resources

 I’m trying to assemble all-in-one lessons.  Here is the Cardiac slide deck.  I’m trying to add links to this presentation.  I bought two heart models from Good Will online.  Below are two similar models.



In addition to notes, we’ll watch videos, do this Simulated Blood Lab , and dissect a sheep’s heart.  Here  is a virtual sheep’s heart dissection.  HHMI has an interesting Cardiology Virtual Lab and Circulatory System POGIL.  We’re using three different POGILS; however, two of these are in the Anatomy and Physiology book, and not available online.  Lastly, the Crash Course Videos, Heart, Part 1 and Part 2 are both fairly brief and high quality.  I do my best to add resources to the slide deck—mainly so I’ll have an idea of exactly what I used when I teach this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hands-on Creation!

 Have you heard of  Hands-on Creation?   I saw their ad on Facebook and just had to share!  Their prices to loan materials are fair.  Take a...