Wednesday, February 4, 2026

Chemistry Models

 Yes, I’m a bit obsessed with finding affordable Chemistry models.  Why?  There are so many basic concepts.  Here is the insert to a Molymod kit.  Note that carbon is black and has four holes.  Why?  It bonds with up to four other atoms, which is its valency.  The connectors represent the bonds between atoms which form compounds.  

I want the kiddos to use good kits.  I’ve tried cheap ones from Amazon and Temu.  Don’t waste your money.  Prentice Hall, Molymod, Eisco, and Flinn are all reputable.  Shop Good Will and eBay have used sets.  See if the kit has a bond removal tool. This device is extremely useful!


Below are examples of good molecular sets.  Don’t pay more than $30 including shipping.  Hunt until you find a decent deal on a used set.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hands-on Creation!

 Have you heard of  Hands-on Creation?   I saw their ad on Facebook and just had to share!  Their prices to loan materials are fair.  Take a...