Yes, I do wish I had planned to study the heart closer to Valentine’s Day. But, I didn’t. However, we’re are starting the cardiovascular system next week. February is both Black History and American Heart Month. Here are African-American Trailblazers in Heart Helath, including Charles Richard Drew, the founder of the Blood Bank.
Back to heart models. I’ve made a few. We’re going to make clay models. Here are instructions. The Young Explorers Human Anatomy has instructions to make a Graham Cracker Heart. This was a big hit with the younger kiddos.
Have you tried to make a Functioning Heart with plastic bottles and straws? We make heart models to map how blood flows through the heart with a Human Heart Template and trace the flow with blue and red yarn. Look at this Instagram Reel of a Heart Model for more inspiration.
Finally, we have two models of the heart. Models really help to learn the components and trace circulation. (BTW, we’ll do the sheep heart dissection.)





No comments:
Post a Comment