There are people who collect bridges they see or drive over. Some collect covered bridges or historic bridges. You could take photos of different types of bridges. Now it’s STEM-related! We go back and forth over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge a duel-span suspension bridge, on our route to visit family in Rock Hall, MD. I can ride over the bridge; I am one of those people Afraid to Drive Over the Bridge. I’ve made it across hyperventilating a few times. Once, I couldn’t maintain speed; I never exceeded about 20 mph. You can imagine the cars beeping their frustrations. Surprise! The additional pressure made it even harder to put my foot on the gas. Yes, I have had a driver take me over several times. The bridge crew would like advance notice. I prayed my way over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, a trestle bridge, exactly once. There are any number of cool bridges: New River Gorge, an open-spandrel arch bridge, Mackinac Bridge, another suspension bridge, Steubenville, Ohio and Sunshine Skyway Bridge , both cable-stayed bridges, the Peace Bridge, unusual truss span, Pittsburgh (143 bridges), NYC—especially the Brooklyn Bridge, a hybrid, Golden Gate, a suspension bridge, to name a few. The American Society of Civil Engineers list The top 5 bridges 2026, Eight Standout Steel Bridges, Top Five Longest Bridges in the USA, and 20 Iconic Bridges. Take photos and research the bridge type,. You may need a spreadsheet. I doubt I’ll collect bridges—but I may consider it. There are so many beautiful bridges. Since I’m teaching Physical Science I should include bridges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment