Let’s fill the coffee can with craft sticks loaded with ideas. (Write chores on the craft sticks, too: make the bed, sort silverware, or match socks. I gave up and let my kiddos pick out and match socks from a laundry bin in the closet.). Today is all about water science! There have already been a few warm days. I’m ready for summer!
1. Super Bubbles; Baking soda, cornstarch, and glycerin and classic recipe with either glycerin or corn. syrup, Here are instructions for a giant bubble wand. We just use our hands or make simple wands with pipe cleaners. The plastic soda holder works well, too. Super bubbles never gets old. Store a batch in the garage.
2. Make a Density Bottle. This is an investment; UV beads are expensive. Use the UV beads for experiments. They are great for bracelets when you teach about Noah and the Ark; the beads remind us of the rainbow and God’s promise.
3. Here are five simple water experiments or 6 Cool Water Experiments.
4. Water Gel Crystals or Water Beads are captivating. Water gel are sold as beads, spikes, or crystals—all fun! I bought the water absorbing crystals originally at the local plant nursery. Check the garden section at Walmart.
5. Try to get Rainbow Walking Water to work.
6. Colorful Patterns in Ice was a bigger hit than I expected when we froze bowls of ice for kiddos at camp. (Honestly, I was filling time outside.) Often, I substitute tempera paint for food coloring because it’s cheaper. You can also Melt Frozen Hands.
7. Buy Magic Sand. This activity is good for fifteen minutes. Here is a lesson plan for fall. (I add Magic Sand to the Separating Mixtures lab for Chemistry.)





No comments:
Post a Comment