Thursday, May 7, 2026

One more dissection….

 Actually, two more  dissections…the kidney and the fetal pig. One pig is exceptionally large and the other rather small. Happily, some of my students are more interested than others.   Fetal pigs are from slaughter houses.    The sows are ‘spent’, or at the end of their ability to breed; sometimes, the sows are pregnant.  The fetal pigs are separated and sold as specimens.  Learning this, your teen may opt for a Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection.  

I pulled the specimens, lab manuals, dissection sets, gloves, mask, trays, and T-pins.  I took pix during the dissections.  The last dissection pic is the kidney.  The very last pic is Max, who dresses as a plague doctor whenever we have dissections.  Usually, I don’t tell the kids in advance.  I keep it a surprise!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...