I completely forgot to include ways to make clouds! I’m sorry I don’t have a personal photo. Usually I do Weather as part of a science camp. Usually I’m short-handed and forget to get key photos. Ever.
I’m betting someone in your family loves to check the weather. In our house, it’s Rob, my husband. Let me share some of my favorite weather related materials. Weather is a huge topic. Let’s focus first on clouds.
1. GLOBE is sponsored by NASA in the U.S. Start with the elementary Air Quality Module. You may want to look over one the eTraining Protocols, Atmosphere. Start with Clouds and the ebook, Do You Know the Clouds Have Names? (The cloud photos are incredible.) Next download Cloud Identification Charts.
2. These GLOBE Learning Activities have been replaced. However, there are so many good resources here, especially if you weren’t planning to join GLOBE, get training, set up an instrument shelter, and collect data regularly: Cloud Types and the Clouds Protocol.
3. NASA also has The Types of Clouds and What They Mean: Investigating Climate Systems: Clouds (Grades 5-8) and The Importance of Investigating Clouds.
4. NOAA has Ten Basic Clouds and a Cloud Chart.
5. Make a Cloud Viewer. There is a Sky Viewer on page two you could tape to the back of the cloud viewer. Put clouds in perspective with this Layers of the Atmosphere Activity (teacher) and Student Sheets for the activity. Up, Up, in the Air is similar and more abbreviated.

No comments:
Post a Comment