Thursday, March 6, 2025

Spring Trip!

 Is your family taking a spring break trip?  Ours has a trip planned to Florida in May.  Plan a bit of science around your trip!  For years, we had family living in Kissimmee, Florida, just outside Disney World.  We did visit Disney two or three times; we found much more to do outside the theme parks, such as the Kissimmee Prairie Reserve.  (Okay, we went to an alligator park and an airboat ride, too.)  Even big cities, such as Miami, Florida, have parks and trails. We’re meeting family for a long weekend in May.  I booked a house in Tampa.  One stop for us is the Lowry Park Zoo.  It’s a favorite!  We have a bunch of family to see; otherwise we might try MOSI.  Some areas, such as Washington, D.C. have loads of Science. (The Zoo in D.C. is disappointing.  I feel as though I’m getting a long lecture.  What I want is to see some animals.)  Even the Bahamas have cool Parks.  A hike outdoors to a local park really lifts everyone’s spirits.  Take a little time to read a few interpretive signs.  Plan to add a little science. Remember to take loads of photos and add them to your digital portfolio!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hands-on Creation!

 Have you heard of  Hands-on Creation?   I saw their ad on Facebook and just had to share!  Their prices to loan materials are fair.  Take a...