Friday, August 28, 2026

Basement Classroom! (Possibly deck or garage.)

 We teach our Co-op classes in our basement.  It’s a large space—about 1000 sq.ft.  There are two classroom areas; Rob and I teach some classes at the same time.  This fall, the Chem and Physics class is pretty lively.  I may need to move a table to the deck or garage for labs to keep the noise down.  Thankfully, home-school kiddos are flexible.


I took some pix of our basement classroom.  We bought the folding tables and chairs from Walmart.  



We bought the whiteboards from Amazon.  The mobile whiteboard is no longer  available.  I these are similar.  Rob uses two boards because he teaches math, finance, and Physics classes; he likes a lot of room to write.  I’ve taught and trained in classrooms, libraries, and churches.  I just wanted a whiteboard I could use and then keep out of the way during lab.  





We set up a computer with a large screen for Rob.  I have an older laptop connected to an old TV.  Voila! It’s sufficient for slide decks or images.  I can connect an iPad or digital microscope whenever I like.



Below are pix from the basement classroom.  The shelves hold kits, equipment, chemicals, and books.









Lastly, here are pix of the basement getting ready for Maker Camp last June IRL.






No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...