Friday, August 14, 2026

Snap Circuits!

 Rob, my husband, teaches Physics.  He loves Snap Circuits.  Did you know Good Will lists sets of Snap Circuits regularly?  They do!  


You are going to need a few replacement parts; kiddos burn out the fan motor and lose the fans.  Ask me how I know.




Rob starts with Snap Circuits when he teaches Electricity. The instruction manual has circuit diagram symbols and tiered activities designed to introduce kiddos to the fundamentals of electrical circuits. Here are teacher and student guides.  Here is a teacher’s guide, designed for grades 3-5, although suitable for older kiddos, too.  Elenco has  a YouTube Channel. (This slide deck about Snap Circuits, is intended for students with special needs.)  Electricity 101 is a home guide.  Your child assembles the Snap Circuits and answers questions. Honestly, Rob pulls the Snap Circuits kits, distributes guides, and lets the teens play with circuits—ideally doing some of the projects.  It’s a great way to introduce circuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This year I’m pulling up all the stops to get things organized. How?

 This year is going to be different! Ha! Who hasn’t said that?  But, I’ve implemented some changes.  I put together a series of lessons whic...