Monday, August 17, 2026

Which materials do you really need to teach Chemistry?

I have made up Chemistry Kits for kiddos to do labs at home when I taught Chemistry remotely—only one year.  (We all prefer to learn in person.) However, the kit shows you the basic materials needed to do the labs illustrated.   In the slide deck are links to labs. I was super aware of safety when I assembled  the kits.  All the kiddos got safety glasses!  The vast majority of the chemicals are household products.  I sent home craft sticks and plastic paint palettes to use as reaction plates.  I encouraged the teens to use tea candles rather than the gas stove to heat materials.  See what you think. I believe you can replicate the kit and stick to a budget.











No comments:

Post a Comment

This year I’m pulling up all the stops to get things organized. How?

 This year is going to be different! Ha! Who hasn’t said that?  But, I’ve implemented some changes.  I put together a series of lessons whic...