Friday, August 21, 2026

Do you need the kit?

 Apologia’s science textbooks have the labs written in the textbook.  (They have study guide questions, too.  The notebook or study guide is an organizational tool—not an essential item.). Before you buy a kit or any equipment look at the supplies list, located in the appendices of the textbook.  I tracked down the lists.  The supply kits are a convenience.  Shop your house first!  Evaluate what you really need, such as safety glasses, a thermometer, a graduated cylinder, a balance, scale, and a funnel.  Three or four borosilicate test tubes and a 250-mL borosilicate beaker are nice, too.  Here is the basic equipment set from Apologia.  Please note that you can use the stove or a hot plate for many experiments.  Either one is safer than an alcohol burner.  I do not use borosilicate, graduated cylinders; all of mine are plastic.  I use borosilicate glass beakers as seldom as possible.  Why?  Glass has a short half-life in a Chem lab.  

Exploring Creation with General Science: Third Edition and Second Edition

Exploring Creation with Physical Science Lab Supplies List: Third Edition  and  Second Edition.

Exploring Creation with Biology Lab Supplies List: Third Edition (Scroll to nearly the end.) and Second Edition

Exploring Creation with Chemistry Lab Supplies List: Third Edition (Scroll to nearly the end.) and Second Edition.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

This year I’m pulling up all the stops to get things organized. How?

 This year is going to be different! Ha! Who hasn’t said that?  But, I’ve implemented some changes.  I put together a series of lessons whic...