Friday, August 7, 2026

Why do I blog?

 I’ve blogged for a long time.  Originally, I started a blog to document labs.  I had had some push back from an online class.  Was the class lab-based?  Really.  So I posted pix from every lab.  When I got more of a challenge, I provided the blog link, along with my credentials.   I just got in the habit of writing.  I used the blog to organize lessons.  It was a tool for parents.  What did we do in class?  Annually, I provided the blog link to the online schools and posted it to my resume.  

The question is, ‘Why do I continue to blog?’  I remember how isolated I was when I first started to teach.  For many, many years, I was the only Chem teacher.  I can only imagine what a parent or Co-op teacher feels when they encounter a Bio or Chem class for the first time (or only time). Who is there for you?  I love different ideas!  I want to share them with you!  Who knows what may resonate.  Also, I like to track down resources which are free and share them with them.  I find it annoying to see an experiment and then learn the person wants to sell it.  Boooo!  Most of the time, the experiment, demo, or activity is NOT original.  I like to track down the original.  Most of the reason I continue to write is to share ideas—all while remaining accountable for my classes.  When I find a good idea, frequently I revise my own lessons.  I need to document labs projects, and reports.  Who knows when one of the online schools is going to give me a hard time about my Co-op classes.  Again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instant Science: LEGO Klutz Kit

 This past summer, I gave the kiddos Klutz Chain Reaction kits.  They were a hit!  Chain Reactions, Gadgets, and Gear Bots come with a set o...