Years and years ago I chose Apologia’s textbooks for the Co-op Science classes. Why? Initially, the family friends who had asked me to teach Co-op classes all used Apologia. I found the textbooks to be sound pedagogically. The textbooks put God at the center of creation. What a great combination! Apologia’s textbooks are free from much of the propaganda or controversial issues pervading many commercial, science textbooks. (I do steer clear of evolution or human reproduction in Biology and Human Biology. Both issues are treated sensitively; however, I want the Co-op families’ trust. Parents teach these two topics at home when they see fit.) Do I add? Yes, I do add material, activities, and labs. But, the kiddos have everything they need academically in the Apologia science textbooks. I just have a few more ideas to make classes more engaging or techniques proven to help students understand concepts more readily. Apologia is a company you can trust! Did you know there is an Apologia Facebook group? Yes, many of the posts are science textbooks for listings. However, some families post questions, too. Consider joining!
Saturday, August 8, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment