This is the first time I’m teaching Apologia’s Young Explorers Chemistry and Physics. Here are the lesson plans for Chapter 1. I have helped my husband, Rob, plan the course, when he taught it. (BTW, I have a bit of experience teaching Chemistry and Physical Science.). YECP is a fun course. Many of the experiments and activities are those my kiddos have done at Science Camp. Our Co-op schedules YECP when we have a batch of kiddos ages 10-12, or so. (There are always exceptions!). Could you teach a mixed group of children ages 6-12? Sure! We chose YECP as a prequel to General Science and Physical Science the following two years. We are using both Junior and regular Notebooking Journals. (Three of the kiddos have learning differences.) Their families and I think a reduced homework load will help them stay on track. Here’s hoping for a wonderful school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment