Saturday, September 12, 2026

See an ad—find the lab! Anatomy

 Okay, free interactive foldables are much more difficult to locate.  Once again, I saw another ad and had to see what I could locate free.  


Paper models are extremely popular.  Teachers use them for interactive notebooks.  Consequently, there are loads and loads available for sale; few are free.  Paper Toys and Organ Systems are the closest models I could find.  Human Body Systems, Make Your Own Anatomical Manikin, and Owner’s Guide have possibilities.  Human Body Systems would fit in a notebook; it isn’t as cool as the pricy, paper models.  DIY Science Craft is actually a better version.  Kiddos essential make their own paper model of body systems.  Trust me!  They learn a lot!  

I saw another ad—cells!  I have opinions about cell models.



First, I don’t think they need to light up or spin.  Here are ten different cell models, including on from styrofoam and plastic felt.  (BTW I banned all edible models from class.  I had too many oozing jello models.) use a rubric.  My kiddos make cell models.  They must have a key and all of the organelles.  The models vary. However, the teens learn about cell organelles and their functions.  Sure, show your kiddos these models and examples.  Let them create their own version.






No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...